Pond!

Pond!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Approaching Storms

It's the time of year when school is closing in on me from every side.  Frogpond has taken a back seat for the time being as I struggle to keep up with ever-mounting deluge of things that must be done.  I look at the floating frog on the right and tell myself to breathe... and work to remember that all of this will pass!

The good news is that a good-sized couple of storms are bearing down on us and we should have rain by tomorrow.  This is the best news we could have for northern California right now.  The grass in the pastures and on the hillsides is still very sparse, while up in the mountains the snowpack is only at 30% of normal. 

Last weekend, the pond was looking very shrunken indeed.  It would take a good number of strong March rains to fill it at this point, but it's happened before. 

I'm looking forward to hearing rain against the windows tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment