Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Moon Max


!

o(rounD) moon,how
do
you(round
er
than roUnd)float;
who
lly &(rOunder than)
go
:ldenly( Round
est)

?
                                                                                                    -- ee cummings



I've loved this curious little ee cummings poem ever since my college days. I like the way it looks on the page and the way it sounds when it's spoken.  It comes to me whenever I contemplate a particularly lovely full moon. 

Tonight, as I drove home from a late evening meeting in Stockton, such a moon rose in front of me.  It was so huge and glorious that I had to call Bruce and tell him about it.  I told him that it was the color of Max.  Bruce was suitably inspired to immediately pack up his camera and high-tail it up the hill to take its picture.



  So now I think that every time I admire a particularly lovely full moon, I'll not only think of this ee cummings poem, but also of Max, who is the color of the moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment