Pond!

Pond!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Yosemite Weekend

Such a long week.  It started out with a trip to the dentist that culminated with a pulled wisdom tooth.  The rest of the week I attended a teacher's workshop every day.  This meant that I had to write substitute plans and go in to my classroom to check on things every afternoon after I got out of the workshop.  Ironically, not teaching is infinitely more labor intensive than teaching. 

Next Friday,  the other 4th grade teacher and I will board a yellow school bus and take our classes up to Yosemite for the day.  Forty-two nine and ten year olds, several dozen parent chaperones and us.  Escalon, where I teach is only about 60 miles from Yosemite, yet the majority of people going on the trip have never been there.  After weeks of unseasonably hot weather, a cold front is fast approaching and we should have rain by midweek.  The children are all praying for snow. I resolutely view anything that happens as part of the adventure.

Tomorrow Bruce and I will leave early to take a reconnaissance trip up there to check everything out.  I'm looking forward to going -- it's been many years since I saw autumn in Yosemite.

No comments:

Post a Comment