Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Meet Murphy


Murphy is right in the center



Murphy.   He's a Border Collie/Labrador Retriever cross and is now about a year and half old.  He comes from an "accidental" litter of 12 puppies that were born on the dairy where one of my former students lives. 

It took several days for me to decide which of the puppies to take home.   I would stop by the dairy on the way home from school and just sit with the puppies and observe them dinking around and playing.  I loved at least three of them...  
                

...but, after a lot of reflection, this little guy was the one who came home with me.  He had that certain "something" that I was looking for.  Such a cute little boy!  I liked how he looked directly into my eyes.



 Seal and Arlo, our older Border Collie/Lab mixes gradually accepted Murphy as one of the pack.  They are brother and sister and have now reached the ripe age of 11.  Murphy's energy and playfulness has been good for both of them.                                                                     
And this is Murphy today.  He's absolutely in synch with everything at Frogpond.  He loves to swim.  Chases anything that is thrown.  Adores the cats.  Is gentle with all the birds.  Guards the house with his life.  Loves his place in our family.  And he and Bruce have a bond that is amazing.  I can't imagine life here without our boy.   























No comments:

Post a Comment