Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Quiet Sunday

The news from the world "out there" has been so shockingly awful these past few days that it's hard not to dwell on all the grief.  I don't understand how a man in Norway could think that killing scores of children would somehow further his cause.  I just can't wrap my mind around it.  Here, so far away from that sorrow, life is tranquil.  I'm doing my best to stay mindful of what is all around me right now even as I try to come to terms with the nightly news. 


Today was a good working day at Frogpond.  Bruce and I spent the morning loading up the trailer with weeds and tree branches for a trip to the county landfill. 

"Landfill"  is a fancy name for the dump.  We go here a lot, as we have no garbage pickup where we live. If you look very closely, you  can see our jeep and Bruce in the picture.





This is a surreal place.  Set in among the rolling hills, it's strangely peaceful and serene - almost like a cemetery.  As I wander amongst the mountains of garbage, I'm fascinated by what is thrown away by the people of Calaveras County.

No comments:

Post a Comment