Pond!

Pond!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Back Garden or Frogpond Weeds

How can such a small garden area produce so many weeds?  Bruce and I have been working so hard clearing the hillside below the house of dry brush, that the closer-in areas that we see every day have been ignored.  Yesterday I decided I was tired of averting my eyes from the mess every time I looked out the back door.  Clean-up day!

Here are some before pix:

What a sorry view...

...and this


No better from this angle

I commenced scrabbling around in the dirt for several hours; weeding, pruning, raking and piling up three stacks of weeds.  I also sort of gracefully slid down the hillside a few times (no worries -- I stayed right-side-up), got scratches and stickers all over myself and lots of itchy stuff down my shirt.  Fun times. But progress was being made:

Hmmm...this doesn't look like such a big pile of weeds...

...nor does this

How about when it's all together in the trailer?

An enthusiastic Bruce got roped into helping (big surprise)


All of this took the greater part of the day.  Although the temperature stayed below 100 degrees (only 97, which is quite mild for July),  it was toasty work.  However, we got it all done by the end of the day.  I love it when a project actually gets completed. 
By late afternoon...
...it was all done.

















Ahhh, celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment