Pond!

Pond!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

egret vs EGRET





Early yesterday morning I stood on the porch with my trusty little Canon Sure Shot camera with Optical Zoom and took this
picture of the trees across the pond.  If you look very closely, you can see a small white blob a little to the left of center.  That's a snowy egret perching up there.  Pretty cool!










Then Bruce had to get out his fancy-schmancy Eos Canon with 300 mm zoom lens and give it a try. 


I dunno.  I can't see much difference between the two pictures.



Just teasing! 
(Actually, all the really good pictures I've been posting here come from Bruce's camera.  This only whets his appetite for an even bigger, all-the-bells-and-whistles zoom lens...I don't think the guy will be truly content until he can count the individual feathers on that egret's head)


2 comments:

  1. The comment I had posted was something like:
    Nice Egret. But an egret has such long legs, when he is perching in a tree, do they fold up like a carpenter's ruler does? Or what?

    M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how egrets manage to perch in trees -- only that they do it rather elegantly. They usually seem to crouch, but sometimes I've seen them standing straight and tall on a branch. Talented birds!

    ReplyDelete