Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day

Today we celebrated Mother's Day with Mama -- last weekend didn't work for any of us, so we agreed to move the festivities up a week.  



Bruce made his world-famous cheese souffle, and I picked a bouquet for the table and got the cards signed and gifts ready.  Mama did her bit by driving up with a hearty appetite.  It was a lovely lunch.  

Afterwards, Bruce loaded up the trailer with trash and weeds and headed off for the landfill while Mama and I set to work weeding the area behind the house.  I have no before picture (just imagine the same scene, but loaded with noxious weeds), but here is the after one:  


I must say that I have a mom in a million -- after eating the lunch in her honor, she was happy to join me outside for an afternoon of weeding.  We both had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment