Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Carrots



The last time I planted carrots in my garden was last spring.  I never ate many of them because, frankly, they weren't very good -- tough, cracked and fissured, and with an excessively "carroty" flavor.  They were, however, quite picturesque from the root up, with their bright green, feathery foliage.  So the awful-tasting, beautiful-looking carrots stayed on.











This spring they took off with even greater energy and many of them are set to flower.  I pulled several up to check if maybe they had become more delicious with the passage of time.   No, they hadn't.






































Cornelius, though, begged to differ. My equine epicure not only enjoyed eating them, but also had fun playing by swinging them around as he crunched them down.


No comments:

Post a Comment