Pond!

Pond!

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

A Walk Around the Pond



Bruce came home a little early the other evening, so we had time for a walk around the pond before the sun went down.  Cornelius came along (he was a pretty good sport about being pulled away from his dinner).


Corny is fun to walk with as he's calm and interested in looking around at the scenery.  The pace suits him as his favorite speed is "slow."  He also just seems to genuinely enjoy being part of a social group with humans - he's a bit like a dog in that way.







We practiced a few small obstacles,  but not for too long.




Then we meandered up the hill.  Yes, that's a glass of wine in my hand.






When we got to the top of the dam, Bruce held my wine glass (empty) and gave me a leg up.  Corny does very well being ridden bareback with only a halter.  In some ways I think he's better behaved than with a saddle and bridle.  I know that he's happier going along this way.












He really is a very sweet horse -- I'm lucky to have him.









2 comments:

  1. Well now you've done it. I haven't ridden my horse Ennis in over a year for numerous stupid, mostly lazy reasons, but seeing you on yours motivates me to start working her again. Thanks for that. I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good -- go get on that horse of yours! I had my first arena lesson in over two years yesterday. My long-time trainer had her work cut out for her as my equitation skills seem to have gone down the toilet. Could have used that glass of wine. Feels so good to be riding again.

    ReplyDelete