Pond!

Pond!

Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Twelve Days of Christmas: The First Day


Hello, Blog.  I've missed you.  So much has happened that the longer I stayed away, the harder it was to gather the energy I thought I'd need to get caught up.  I would walk around, living my life and experiencing things, all the while with my writer's eye hard at work catching the action and setting it into words.  But these words would stay in my head for a short while and then get booted out by the next event that caught my attention.  That's what happens when I don't write things down.

I was drifting away from writing here since last spring.  For some reason that I can't quite nail down, keeping up the posts became less of a pleasure and more of a chore.  The writing kept dwindling until by July it stopped altogether.




Then on August 5 our daughter, Becky, died by suicide.  She was only 31 years old and had bipolar disease.  I wasn't surprised when I got the call about her death, but it still shocked me to the core.  It's been about five months since that day, and I'm now certain that I'm going to be ok.  But I'm never going to be the same.  And that's not a bad thing -- it's just the way it is.


So, Blog, I'm back.  Now I'll be seeing the world through a different lens.  This is unsettling, but also interesting.  I'm glad to be back.

2 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for your loss and apologize for not keeping up. Am trying to get back to blogging again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Tramp! So good to hear from you and thank you for your kind thoughts. I'm glad that you're trying to get back to blogging again -- I love reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete