Pond!

Pond!

Friday, August 1, 2014

Germany

On Tuesday I got back from an absolutely splendid two-week visit with Anke and Wolfgang in Hamburg.
My First Beer in Germany

Anke and I in Front of an Old Mill

So much green...

Elephant at the TierPark

Old Main Gates of the TierPark

Upside-Down Walrus at the TierPark

Lübeck Cathedral

Lübeck Puppet Museum

Sculptures by Ernst Barlach

The Janisch House

Sweet Donkeys at the Donkey Park

Wind Mill on the Way to the Baltic Sea

The Baltic

Anke and Wolfgang

Old Part of Hamburg

Anke Studying the Map!

Hamburg Harbor with New Opera House in Background





























































































Anke and Wolfgang schlepped me around to see the sights here - there - and everywhere.
















































The Airport
























It's hard to believe that only a few days ago I was half-way around the world.  Modern travel is pretty cool -- disorienting, though.  I'm still waking up at 3:00 a.m. ready to bounce out of bed and eat lunch.  An interesting sort of jet lag!

It did me such good to see my family across the ocean.












No comments:

Post a Comment